It all started with … Swedish irritation. In 1956 in Sweden a certain Ake Ehrlund decided to take matters into his own hands and solve the problem of queues at the baker’s. His concept of a system based on numbers has quickly gained popularity. It can be safely said that Swedish flour has resulted in solid e-bread, which is today one of the most advanced queuing systems in the world, and is still being improved and it invariably facilitate the functioning of many institutions.
The queue system is recommended and implemented wherever there is a problem of long queues and expectations of it. Facilitating the provision of institutional services is an absolute necessity in the face of the growing flow of clients and often complex conditions for the organization of space in a particular premises. The use of individual queuing systems is huge, as are areas in which efficient service is elementary. The basic improvement of the dynamics of customer flow and the work of employed staff is to call the customer by using an electronically generated number. It is worth paying attention to the structure of the institution when organizing queues – their number depends on the type of positions in a particular institution.
A good solution is the electronic registration by entries to the facility, which allows the establishment of such institutions as e-offices. The e-system allows booking a queue number via the Internet at any time and in any place, thanks to which the potential time of settling specific matters in a given center is shortened. An analogue, stationary solution for the above is a queue machine, however, it requires a visit to the facility and excludes the possibility of accurate time planning in advance, and therefore waiting for your turn can be significantly longer.
The electronic queue system – is it the best solution?
Definitely! Electronic queuing systems are used not only by large state institutions or large corporations, but also by small commercial enterprises. The queue system in the hospital does not impress anyone today. Moreover, patients expect such solutions. As in other facilities – the queuing system at the clinic or the queue system at Social Insurance Institution is a standard thanks to which the organization of work of individual institutions is improved.
Innovative queue systems are used, among others in administration. Their benefits are widely used by labor offices, municipalities, provincial, tax, postal and passport offices. The queuing system – the communication department is another example of a place where it would be difficult to efficiently organize the work of staff and customer service, especially regarding documents authorizing driving. The queuing system – the poviat eldership would also fail without service in the area of, for example, the construction of cultural centers. The queuing system – National Health Fund would surely win the laurel of disorganization of work and the highest level of patient irritation, if it was not for it – the electronic registration network, so that everything would work better. And finally, queuing systems – examples can be multiplied. At VSG, the electronic queue system is a definition of advanced innovations that meet the highest standards.
The electronic queue system – the price
The queue system – the price list depends primarily on the type of software and its functionality. At VSG, we fill the gap in the area of digital signage by providing queuing systems that display the queue status on the screen in the immediate vicinity of the content. Thanks to the type of electronic queuing system which we propose, it is possible to obtain statistics on:
- the number of customers visiting the facility
- the type of case declared by the client to be arranged / purpose of the visit
- a waiting time and a customer service
- service station loads
- the effectiveness of work positions, individual advisors, facilities
- personalized statistics and reports as needed
Types and operation of electronic queue systems:
- Customer registration – a welcome stand with a touch screen, thermal printer (tickets), magnetic card reader or other, e.g. contactless (privileged customer service)..
- A service bar appears on the adviser’s computer. The advisor can call the customer, call the customer from another place of service, automatically issue a ticket, change the mode of operation or contact the customer who left his data when registering on the touch screen.
- Administrator interface – the administrator gives each position the type of matters to be handled, assigns the employee to the position and specifies the category of matters to be dealt with by the employee.
- The statistics screen allows to analyze the structure of service for individual positions by type of case, report the work of staff or analyze the share of individual types of cases that the facility has solved in a given time period.
- Visualization – the queue status is displayed on a monitor that also promotes customer products. You can freely arrange the screen and the presentation of queues, recall voices, highlight the recalled numbers, and control the queue status.
Advantages of electronic queuing systems
First of all, the biggest advantage is the improvement in the dynamics of customer flow in individual facilities. What is more, the increase in the quality of service and the significant improvement in the work of employed staff can be determined as other advantages. Also, it should be pointed out:
- easy and intuitive operation of the queue system
- visually attractive form of service presentation
- simple configuration system according to the needs of the facility
- simple graphic interface
- guarantee of organized and effective customer service
- increased sales potential (generating profits)
- shortening the waiting time for service
- increase of staff work efficiency – elimination of stress resulting from customer service
- waiting in queue allows client to know the offer of products and services of the customer
Queue e-systems are an excellent solution that has a positive effect on the operation of the facility and the comfort of customers. Time is money!
Advantages of electronic queuing systems
- National Health Fund
- Social Insurance Institution
- The county
- Communication departments